This project is read-only.

Brings back good memories

May 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Hi

Stumbled across this project yesterday and already had quite a good evening firing up old games. Keep up the good work!

My last Spectrum emulators were dos/16 bit Win9x ones. The last one (Z80 from Gerton Lunter) btw had a debugger/real-time dissassembler running on the outside of the emulated z80 machine, so you could follow execution (or halt it) in real-time without the spectrum to know about and without any impact on ZX memory usage.

regards
May 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Hi

Thanks for fixing the issues I reported.

There is (as far as I can see) one more to directory related issue left:

You might create a directory to store/look for games too (my suggestion would be a subdirectory like 'my spectrum' under 'my documents' or 'public documents' that you also use as default directory for the file open dialog. %appdata% etc are not suitable for this as they are hidden for a user by default.

regards
Developer
May 6, 2013 at 1:46 PM
This would not be very nice when using ZXMAK2 under wine in Linux (it works pretty good there, I use it all the time), because this "My Spectrum" directory will be created right in the /home/<user> directory. And since this it the only place where linux user can store his files, it is very sensitive directory and everyone want to keep it clean.
Better solution, I think, would be associating all the supported file types with ZXMAK so one can store games anywhere he wants and execute them by double click.
May 6, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Hi,

Indeed, never thought this kind if app could run on wine too. Makes zxmak even better.

Besides registering you could also have zxmak remember the last directory of the open file dialog, if it bit already does that.

Regards
Coordinator
May 8, 2013 at 2:17 AM
atsidaev: I was added condition - in case when emulator folder is write protected, it will use %appdata% folder, otherwise all should works as before. But I'm not sure if permission check will works correctly under linux... So, please try the latest version and let me know about results
Developer
May 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM
wvd_vegt wrote:
Hi

Stumbled across this project yesterday and already had quite a good evening firing up old games. Keep up the good work!

My last Spectrum emulators were dos/16 bit Win9x ones. The last one (Z80 from Gerton Lunter) btw had a debugger/real-time dissassembler running on the outside of the emulated z80 machine, so you could follow execution (or halt it) in real-time without the spectrum to know about and without any impact on ZX memory usage.

regards
Yeah, the Winz80 is still the best for debugging....I will try to make this debugger to be the best...;-)